Friday, December 18, 2009

This Time of Year Inspires Creation

I was on a journey to use my pure essential oils in food this holiday, so I have modified some old recipes to make them "new" again. Try something new, and maybe it'll become a family/holiday tradition. I love to make tea and chocolates for my family and friends and I will be posting them to sell, since my clients and students have given me the "thumbs up" . Enjoy and savor this recipe, give me feedback, tell me how it works out for you...
Lavender Lemon Shortbread
Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted organic butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar in the raw
1 1/2 cups organic wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon seasalt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
grated zest of one large lemon
8 drops organic pure essential oil of lavender
2 tablespoons lavender sugar(taken from 1 cup raw sugar w/ 1/3 cup lavender flowers fresh or dried)


Cream the butter and raw sugar together in a bowl until well blended and light. Sift the wheatflour and seasalt together in another bowl, and add to the butter and sugar mixture. Add the vanilla, lemon and lavender p.e.o. Mix thoroughly. Roll the dough into a ball and wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Sprinkle tops with lavender sugar and shape into hearts and chill for another 45 minutes. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until the shortbread is lightly browned. Cool in pan. You can also slice the rolled dough as you go, for slice and bake cookies. Enjoy!

No comments: