Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sweet Elixirs.....

Even though Valentine's Day has come and gone, its a good idea to make every day, a day for love.
For yourself and for others.
Here is a recipe for my favorite homemade chocolates.
It always makes me feel loved and I tend to make this for my family and friends around the holidays... 
I use organic pure essential oils of lavender to create the sensuous blend between flowers and chocolate. Enjoy!

16 oz bag of organic semi sweet chocolate chips
2 drops of organic pure essential oil of lavender per 4 oz of chocolate
1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil
1 pinch of sea salt

Use a double boiler, pour 4 oz of chocolate at a time.
Stir as the chocolate bits completely melt, take off stove and add 2 drops
of lavender p.e.o. and stir in 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and a pinch of
sea salt.

Use a candy mold (I use my heart molds <3 ) and a teaspoon to scoop as
chocolate is warm into the non sprayed molds.
Put into freezer for 15 minutes
They should easily pop out onto a plate to enjoy
or
you may put them in a clear baggie with a big purple
bow for someone you love

Anyone who loves chocolate will find the taste
of the floral(lavender) and the sweet creaminess of the
dark chocolate an odd but stimulating combination....

No comments: